"Barn Auger" • Oil Painting by John Morfis

"Barn Auger" • Oil Painting by John Morfis

Yeah sir, here I go again with another large tool portrait painting. This tool almost took upward all the infinite in my nonetheless life staging area. I have some plans in the works for expanding my current staging area. Really my intentions are to build a completely new staging area from scratch and brand it 3 times larger. I have some woods ready to become, I even made a few cuts, but I have to terminate all the paintings in my current queue before I can bring myself to this new task. Maybe next month… I'll keep you posted!

Once I commit to building a new even so life staging surface area, I will have quite a mess on my hands. I demand to make certain that paintings are not going to go covered in saw dust and sweat!

This oil painting of an old barn auger was by and large fun to paint. The threads towards the bottom of the tool were the trickiest part. But you were probably thinking that besides weren't you? I've painted threads before and while they do go easier with do they are tricky to get right.  At first glance they appear to exist all identical and even if that was true in the physical world they cannot be painted that manner.  The threads look unlike depending on their top.  Recall how the superlative of a cylinder changes when it is closer or farther away from your middle level.

I did a few sketches in my sketchbook to prepare myself for the challenging threads. When it came fourth dimension to paint I had an extremely authentic line drawing from which to apply the paint to. I cannot stress this enough when painting complicated objects. Don't fly it with paint and hope for the best. Create a really accurate line drawing first.

More than time spent getting things correct in the form of a drawing means less fourth dimension fixing paint afterward.